Welcome to the BBOB workshop series!¶
The Black-box Optimization Benchmarking (BBOB) workshop series provides an easy-to-use toolchain for benchmarking black-box optimization algorithms for continuous and mixed-integer domains and a place to present, compare, and discuss the performance of numerical black-box optimization algorithms. The former is realized through the Comparing Continuous Optimizers platform (Coco).
The next workshop, BBOB 2021, celebrating the workshop series’ 10th edition at GECCO, will take place at GECCO’2021.
Generally, six benchmark suites are available:
bbobcontaining 24 noiseless functions
bbob-noisycontaining 30 noisy functions
bbob-biobjcontaining 55 noiseless, bi-objective functions, generated from the
bbob-largescalecontaining 24 noiseless functions in dimension 20 to 640
bbob-mixintcontaining 24 noiseless mixed-integer functions
bbob-biobj-mixintcontaining 92 noiseless, bi-objective, mixed-integer functions.
Note that due to the rewriting of the Coco platform, the
bbob-noisy test suite is not yet available in the new code from http://github.com/numbbo/coco . Please use the old code at http://coco.gforge.inria.fr/doku.php?id=downloads instead for running experiments on
Continuous Submission of Benchmarking Data¶
Since 2020, we also welcome submissions of data from benchmarking experiments on the above test suites throughout the year. Please open a submission issue at https://github.com/numbbo/coco/issues/new/choose .
Table of Contents:¶
- GECCO Workshop on Black-Box Optimization Benchmarking (BBOB 2021) - focus on mixed-integer problems
- GECCO Workshop on Real-Parameter Black-Box Optimization Benchmarking (BBOB 2019)
- GECCO Workshop on Real-Parameter Black-Box Optimization Benchmarking (BBOB 2018)
- GECCO Workshop on Real-Parameter Black-Box Optimization Benchmarking (BBOB 2017)
- GECCO Workshop on Real-Parameter Black-Box Optimization Benchmarking (BBOB 2016) - focus on multi-objective problems
- BBOB workshops before 2016